Python Software DeveloperApply
This role is based at our Austinmer, NSW office. Working from home flexibility may also be an option.
About the Role:
Tibra is a successful, global proprietary trading firm deploying a diverse range of strategies across multiple asset classes on the world’s most competitive financial markets.
Software Engineers at Tibra are responsible for building and maintain a large suite of bespoke applications that drive our investment process. We empower our teams to drive the technical direction of the platform and tools that you will be a part of developing for our internal teams to use. You will be involved in helping shape the future of our cutting-edge platform and helping the teams that build apps and reports on top of them. You'll get to test and deploy your work on our cutting edge K8s / Docker infrastructure.
The team consists of engineers dedicated to ensuring the best possible systems and responses across all areas of the Tibra business. Dedication and motivation are key ingredients coupled with a proactive solution-based approach to all our activities.
What you will be doing:
- Building our core backbone micro services which all our trading teams will interface with
- Maintaining and Troubleshooting existing software and systems
- Introduce and integrate new technologies into existing server infrastructure
- Liaising with stakeholders
- Create technical documentation related to system configuration and operation
At a minimum:
- Programming language Python
- CI&CD workflows
- Experienced Python Developer with atleast 3-5 years experience in a similar industry
- Some working understanding of Apache Kafka and willingness to do some projects in this language
- Basic understanding of financial markets
- Basic understanding of probability/statistics or data analysis
Your Key Attributes:
- Eager to learn and use latest tech
- An ‘all-rounder’ with an enthusiastic attitude who wants to understand more about technology and the business
- Logical/analytical thinker
- Demonstrate eager ownership of issues and follow through to ensure completion
- Strong investigation skills to explore multiple paths using own initiatives
- Team player but must be able to work independently and unsupervised
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Be a reliable quick thinker who can work under pressure
- Market leading merit-based Bonus scheme
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Pool table and a wide variety of fun company activities
- Massages and Personal Training
- Insurance cover
- Generous leave allowance
- Opportunity to benefit from in-house and external training courses
- Opportunity to learn about financial markets
- Work with smart, passionate and driven people
Sound interesting? Apply now!