C++ Software DeveloperApply
Tibra is a world-class diversified trading firm whose story started in 2006 when a group of young traders and developers decided they could challenge and beat some of the world’s most successful trading firms at their own game. This conviction and desire to grasp an opportunity has helped Tibra grow into a successful business of more than 120 people with offices in Sydney and Austinmer in Australia, Hong Kong and London.
As Senior C++ Developer at Tibra, you'll be responsible for designing, building and maintaining our core trading platform’s performance, correctness and usability.
Our team of engineers are dedicated to enabling the best possible systems and responses across the Tibra trading infrastructure. We adopt a proactive, solution-based approach to our activities and are always looking to bring the latest developments into our toolchain.
What we offer:
- A highly competitive base salary + annual bonus
- In-house and external training
- Opportunity to actively support charitable causes through our Foundation
- Generous leave allowances
- Insurance cover
- Weekly massages
- Group fitness classes/ personal training
- Healthy breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Working with smart, passionate and driven people every day
What you'll be doing:
- Design, build and maintain Tibra’s core trading infrastructure
- Follow internal procedures covering all aspects of software development
- Estimation, planning + time management for all tasks and projects
- Regular communication with all relevant stakeholders
- Collaborating with other teams + individuals to share knowledge and re-use software as much as possible
What does success look like?
Success in this role will require you to adapt quickly to changing requirements and keep apace with new technology.
- After 3 months you'll have a good understanding of our existing technology stack, and you'll be problem solving
- After 6 months, you'll be well established within the team, and able to work independently on most of the platform components/services.
- After 12 months, you'll be taking on responsibility for new project work and day to day requests coming into the team.
Key skills & attributes required:
- An ‘all-rounder’ with an enthusiastic attitude who wants to understand more about technology and the business
- 5+ years C++ experience, preferably C++11, 14 or newer
- Understanding of Software Engineering practices and Software Development lifecycle
- Understanding of networking, multi-threading and database technologies
- Linux Administration skills
- Experience within trading, financial services or mission critical industries
- Strong experience working on low latency software systems
- Willingness to learn new technologies, drive better efficiencies
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Be a reliable quick thinker who can work under pressure independently and unsupervised
Nice to have:
- Proficient in Bash, and Python
- Strong understanding of probability/statistics or data analysis
- Logical/analytical thinker
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Please apply now.
As you submit your application, please consider:
- You must have legal working rights in Australia
- Before joining Tibra, you will be required to pass a criminal history check
- Tibra is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer