Python Developer - PlatformsApply
Tibra is a global proprietary trading firm deploying a diverse range of strategies across multiple asset classes on the world’s financial markets.
Software Engineers at Tibra are responsible for building and maintaining a large suite of bespoke applications that drive our investment process. We empower our teams to drive the technical direction of the platform and tools that our teams use. You will help shape the future of our cutting-edge platform, and support the teams that build apps and reports on top of them. You'll test and deploy your work on our cutting edge K8s / Docker infrastructure.
The team consists of engineers dedicated to ensuring the best possible systems and responses across all areas of the Tibra business. Dedication and motivation are key ingredients to success, coupled with a proactive, solution-based approach to all our activities.
What you will be doing
- Designing, building and owning our data ingestion pipeline and data platforms which will serve a broad range of financial data for all of our trading teams
- Working closely with stakeholders to identify their data requirements and helping them define and deliver better research and trading efficiency
- Introducing and integrating suitable technologies (FOSS or commercial) into existing tech stack
- Exercising quality DevOps practice, such as CI/CD pipeline, quality documentation, intra/inter team collaborations
At a minimum:
- Programming language Python
- CI&CD workflows
- Experienced Python Developer with at least 3 years in a similar industry
- Hands-on experience of modern data platforms and technologies, such as Apache Kafka, Kubernetes, Parquet, Clickhouse, Pandas
- Basic understanding of financial markets
- Eager to learn business domains and suitable tech
- An ‘all-rounder’ with an enthusiastic attitude who wants to understand more about technology and the business
- A strong believer: there’s got to be a better way
- A logical/analytical thinker
- Eager ownership of issues and follow through to ensure completion
- Strong investigation skills to explore multiple paths using own initiatives
- Team player but must be able to work independently and unsupervised
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Be a reliable quick thinker who can work under pressure
Benefits on Offer
In addition to working with smart, passionate and driven people, some benefits include:
- A market leading merit-based bonus scheme
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Massages and personal training
- Insurance cover
- Generous leave allowance
- The opportunity to actively support charitable causes through our Foundation
- In-house and external training courses
- Learn about the financial markets
Sound interesting? Apply now!
This role is based in our beachside HQ in Austinmer, with some flexibility to work from home.
• You must have the ability to legally work in Australia
• You will be required to pass a criminal history check
• Tibra is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer