Platform Engineers at Tibra are responsible for designing, implementing and supporting Tibra’s core platform Technology across the company. This team is tasked with setting the technical direction of the platform and tools that our development and trading teams use. You will be involved in helping shape the future of our cutting-edge platform and the teams that build apps on top of them. You will be helping to set the team direction and apply your deep technical knowledge to our challenging problems.
The team consists of engineers dedicated to ensuring the best possible systems and responses across all areas of the Tibra business. Dedication and motivation are a key ingredient coupled with a proactive solution-based approach to all our activities.
What you will be doing:
• Helping to build out our Kubernetes, research SaaS and data platforms to run out containerised trading workloads
• Deployment, support and monitoring of new platforms and application stacks - measurement and optimization of system performance
• Maintenance and troubleshooting of our core global platform
• Introducing and integrating new technologies into existing server infrastructure
• Liaising with stakeholders
• Creating technical documentation related to system configuration and operation
What does success look like?
Success in this role will require you to adapt quickly to changing requirements and keep apace with new technology.
• After 3 months you'll have a good understanding of our existing technology stack, and you'll be problem solving within our stack
• After 6 months, you'll be well established within the team, and able to work independently on most of the platform components/services. You'll be a subject matter expert for kubernetes within the team
• After 12 months, you'll be taking on responsibility for new project work and day to day requests coming into the team.
Key skills & attributes required:
• An ‘all-rounder’ with an enthusiastic attitude who wants to understand more about technology and the business
• Kubernetes / Docker experience
• Proficient in Python
• Logical / analytical thinker
• Linux Administration skills
• Demonstrate eager ownership of issues and follow through to ensure completion
• Strong investigation skills to explore multiple paths using own initiatives
• Team player but can work independently and unsupervised
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Be a reliable quick thinker who can work under pressure
• Experience working with on-premise system deployments
• Monitoring technologies (ELK, Influx, Grafana)
• Jupyter Notebooks (ideally have some experience with JupyterHub)
• System configuration tools (preferably Chef/Puppet)
• Administering resources in public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
What we offer:
• A market leading, merit-based bonus scheme
• Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
• Massages and gym membership
• The opportunity to actively support charitable causes through our Foundation
• Generous leave allowances
• The opportunity to benefit from in-house and external training courses
• Working with smart, passionate and driven people every day
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please 'Apply' now.
• You must have legal working rights in Australia
• You will be required to pass a criminal history check
• Tibra is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer