Event Driven Analyst / Portfolio ManagerApply
We are seeking an accomplished and motivated Senior Analyst / Trader to join the Events team. The ideal candidate will have a trading track record in the Events space, having come from an Analyst background.
- Researching companies going through big corporate events, such as M&A, spin-offs and restructuring
- Gathering and analysing data, researching and back testing new strategies to be employed by the desk
- Watching for and analysing newsflow related to the book and the overall event driven space
- Doing valuation work (need to have good knowledge of Corporate Finance)
- Placing and monitoring trades done electronically, as well as with brokers
- Working closely with the middle office and prime brokers to secure borrows, optimize funding and margining of the book
Skills / Experience Required:
- 5+ years experience, including in Asia M&A
- Exposure to trading, if not a trading track record in the Events space
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Maths, Engineering (or similar)
- Coding skills (Python) preferable
- Good understanding of corporate finance, M&A, accounting
- Excellent communication skills
- An excellent problem solver who can contribute innovative ideas
What We Offer:
In addition to working with smart and like-minded people every day, Tibra's benefits include:
- A market leading, merit-based bonus scheme
- In-house and external training opportunities
- The opportunity to actively support charitable causes through our Foundation
- Generous leave allowances
- Insurance cover
- Massages and personal training
- Healthy breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
The candidate will be required to pass a criminal history check.
Tibra is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
This role is based in our beachside HQ in Austinmer, with some flexibility to work from home.
If you meet the criteria above, please APPLY.