Compliance Officer (Specialist)Apply
Tibra is looking for a Compliance Officer to join its global Legal & Compliance team.
About Tibra Capital:
Tibra is a world-class diversified trading firm operating in the world’s most advanced financial markets.
At Tibra, no day is the same. Our work is challenging and dynamic. We reward insight and celebrate success within our supportive and collaborative culture. You will be challenged and stretched to bring your ideas to the team and apply them to the business. Our people are our greatest asset, which is why we don’t compromise on quality: we are looking for the best. We are looking for smart, curious people with a fascination for finance and capital markets.
About the Role:
The Compliance Officer is responsible for monitoring the group’s compliance with applicable regulatory and counterparty rules. This role primarily focuses on compliance for Tibra’s Asian operations, but has scope for expansion into global matters. The successful candidate will be responsible on a day-to-day basis for executing Tibra’s regulatory compliance monitoring program, and reporting to management on compliance issues. The role is particularly suited to someone ‘hands-on’, with high aptitude and who naturally applies a logical and commercial approach to their work. Tibra’s trading desks operate across a variety of international markets, asset classes, and trading styles. As such, the role is a unique opportunity to execute end-end compliance with a varied and dynamic workload.
- Day-to-day responsibility for Tibra’s ongoing trading compliance risk assessment programme
- Reporting on developments in trading and exchange regulation and practice in jurisdictions relevant to Tibra
- Periodic monitoring of trading and reporting activity to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations, including market abuse laws
- Timely maintenance and response to exchange and regulatory filing and notification obligations
- Assume day-to-day responsibility for Tibra’s internal compliance processes under the group’s policies and procedures, including monitoring internal incident logging and reporting and maintaining broker and clearer databases
- Managing the regulatory interface with Tibra’s counterparties, including regulators, exchanges, brokers and other stakeholders. This includes responding to requests for information from Tibra’s external stakeholders, meeting jurisdiction-specific requirements and recording these in Tibra’s databases
Skills, Experience & Qualifications Required:
- At least 4 years’ compliance experience in Financial Markets, and an understanding of market structures is highly desirable
- Exposure to or experience in a trading, regulatory or exchange firm is desirable
- Knowledge of the regulatory regime in Australia
- High aptitude and commercial acumen
- Can research and apply a data-driven approach
- Be able to work in a time-pressured and dynamic environment
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, confident interpersonal skills, integrity, diligence and excellent administrative skills
- The ability to contribute to the automation and systemisation of routine L&C matters is desirable
- Degree from a recognised university
- Eligible to hold any relevant responsible officer and/or controlled function positions
What We Offer You:
In addition to working with smart, passionate and driven people every day, some benefits include:
- A market leading merit-based bonus scheme
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- The opportunity to actively support charitable causes through our Foundation
- Massages and personal training
- Insurance cover
- Generous leave allowances
- In-house and external training opportunities
- You must have the ability to legally work in Australia
- You will be required to pass a criminal history check
- Tibra is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
This role is preferably based in our beachside HQ in Austinmer (minimum 1-2 days per week), with some flexibility to work from home.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please 'Apply' now.