Tibra are looking for a Compliance Officer. Someone with strong knowledge of the trading industry, high aptitude, a can-do attitude and an appetite for compliance.
Tibra is a diversified trading firm operating in the world’s most advanced financial markets. Our work is challenging and dynamic. We reward insight and celebrate success within our supportive and collaborative culture. You will be challenged and stretched to bring your ideas to the team and apply them to the business. Our people are our greatest asset, which is why we don’t compromise on quality: we are looking for smart, curious people with a fascination for finance and capital markets.
About the Role
The Compliance Officer is responsible on a day-to-day basis for executing Tibra’s regulatory compliance monitoring program, and reporting to management on compliance issues. This role primarily focuses on compliance for Tibra’s Asian operations, but has scope for expansion into global matters. It is a unique opportunity to execute end-end compliance with a varied and dynamic workload.
The successful candidate will have a strong interest in compliance, but may or may not be a compliance specialist. The role is suited to someone ‘hands-on’ with knowledge of the industry, is technically proficient and who naturally applies a logical and commercial approach to their work.
- Day-to-day responsibility for implementing Tibra’s trading compliance assessment programme
- Periodic monitoring of trading and reporting activity to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- Timely maintenance and response to exchange and regulatory filing and notification obligations
- Reporting on developments in trading and exchange regulation and practice in jurisdictions relevant to Tibra
- Managing the regulatory interface with Tibra’s counterparties, including regulators, exchanges, brokers and other stakeholders
Skills, Experience & Qualifications Required
- Experience in Financial Markets
- High aptitude and commercial acumen
- Can research and apply a data-driven approach
- Be able to work in a time-pressured and dynamic environment
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, confident interpersonal skills and excellent administrative skills
- Degree from a recognised university
What We Offer You
In addition to working with smart, passionate and driven people every day, some benefits include:
- A market leading merit-based bonus scheme
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- The opportunity to actively support charitable causes through our Foundation
- Massages and personal training
- Insurance cover
- Generous leave allowances
- In-house and external training opportunities
• You must have the ability to legally work in Australia
• You will be required to pass a criminal history check
• Tibra is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
This role is preferably based in our beachside HQ in Austinmer (minimum 1-2 days per week), with some flexibility to work from home.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please APPLY.